At Mabey Hire, we began making our name in construction over 60 years ago. Now, it’s time to make yours.
We’re a straight-talking team of experts whose goal is great solutions. We work collaboratively with customers, building lasting relationships. And together as one team, with our incredible culture behind us, we’re determined and focused. With you on board, we’ll be unstoppable.
As one of the UK’s leading temporary works specialist, we’re here to shape the country’s future skyline. And we’re looking for people with the right kind of skills, knowledge and experience to make it happen. It’s all about removing obstacles, overcoming challenges, and finding a way. From the simple to the extraordinary. It’s just what we do.
Driver (Class 2)
- Transport stock by driving company vehicles and meet delivery deadlines.
- Comply with all driving and Road Transport legislation to ensure loads are delivered in a safe and legal manner.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements in depot, on the road, at customers’ sites to ensure loading and unloading stock is carried out in a safe and secure environment.
- Communicate with the customer on site, as a company representative, and complete all paperwork to validate accuracy of delivery and collection.
- Feedback to hire desk, delivery or collection, issues affecting customer service to enable resolution.
- Carry out vehicle checks, follow procedures to rectify faults found to ensure vehicle is safe and legal.
- Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Driving licence class C
- Some experience working with LGVs
- Experience in use of HIAB lorries and /or driving artics (at specific sites only)
- Proficient use of mobile phones and apps
- Capable of Manual Handling i.e. strapping and securing loads
- Physically fit to lift / move materials and moving in and out of vehicles in a construction site environment.
In return, we offer lots of great benefits including a market-leading pension, brilliant health and
wellbeing schemes, and exciting opportunities to develop your skills and broaden your experience
with some of the biggest names in our industry.
So, are you ready to make yours?