Our mission is to delight the customer and build lasting relationships. We take our customer’s project and make it our challenge to engineer the right temporary works solution. For the last 60 years we have been using our creative engineering approach to deliver some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the country. Whether these projects are large or small, a standard or bespoke design, we strive to find the optimum solution to any engineering challenge.
Reporting into the Sales & Marketing Director on the National Leadership Team, this Director role is to inspire, motivate, develop and lead a team of national account managers focusing on true, consistent engagement with specified national customers and/or sectors within the construction market. The role provides a dedicated service to our customers directly and through our regional sales teams in effective collaboration, engagement, drive and networking to build lasting relationships as our vision states. An experienced, knowledgeable sales professional in a similar role currently is sought, with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Key aspects of delivering effectively in the role include:
- Inspire, motivate, manage and lead a capable national account team
- Develop, identify, articulate and implement a national account strategy across the business, in collaboration with the senior Sales and Marketing Directors (4no).
- Development and coaching of the national account managers is key to our success, ensuring they have the capability & skills to deliver the strategy and customer engagement required
- Regular visits to specified national account offices or sites, independently or in collaboration with an Engineer, Operational or Sales colleague
- A drive and passion for identifying, making and developing lasting multi-point relationships with key customer contacts and to network across the customer base in promoting Mabey Hire as a collaborative, agile supplier to that business nationally
- Supporting & driving the development of those accounts through the regional team in schemes, projects and opportunities across all product groups
- The ability to develop & negotiate win-win trading agreements, with agreed rates & rebate that create long-standing revenue opportunity for Mabey Hire
- Strong understanding on the features, benefits and differentiating elements of Mabey Hire products versus competitors and its applications to specific solutions which identify ‘share of wallet gain’ opportunity
- The ability to research, identify and evaluate customers’ plans so as to align Mabey Hire on strategic opportunities and to deliver a successful ‘why Mabey’ pitch
- Knowledge of (and the ability to research) the sectors or projects is key, to deliver a strategic assessment of the opportunity and tactical plan which generates revenue & market share
- The agility to work across multiple customers and sectors, with multiple contacts internally and externally, engaging Mabey Hire colleagues as frequent as necessary therein
- Straight talking communication across the team in delivering and completing successful lead generation to & from customers across all product groups in a timely, organised manner
- Knowledge of competitors SWOT analysis and the ability to estimate share of wallet within specific sectors and customers is important, wherein opportunities to grow can be identified
- Create & implement a customer specific trade marketing campaign to drive revenue opportunity
This role requires excellent soft skills in engagement, networking, relationship building across customers but also strong characteristics of energy, drive, tenacity & ‘will to win’ as part of a wider team. As a team leader, the ability to coach, manage and inspire the team is critical to the success of this team, so existing experience or similar role knowledge is preferable.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Current success in a similar national accounts, BDM, BID, pre contract or contracts delivery role supplying the construction sector or within a main contractor already.
- Experience of managing a team is required
- A strong communicator of strategic and specific detail of a customer, sector or scheme
- Broad knowledge of the sector, the product categories, competitors
- People focused with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to identify, progress, communicate and convert revenue opportunities
- Good organisation and recording skills for enquiry pipeline and CRM system management
- Strong presentation skills in creating & delivering a ‘pitch’ to customers
- Proactive, self-motivated and possess strong commercial acumen
- A good collaborator & communicator who ensures enquiries are ‘live’ and completed
- Alignment to the company values
- As this is a field-based role it is essential that you possess a full driving licence
- Strong skills in Microsoft, CRM and research packages
In return, we offer lots of great benefits including a market-leading pension, brilliant health and wellbeing schemes, and exciting opportunities to develop your skills and broaden your experience with some of the biggest names in our industry.
So, are you ready to make yours?