Our mission is to delight the customer and build lasting relationships. We take our customer’s project and make it our challenge to engineer the right temporary works solution. For the last 60 years we have been using our creative engineering approach to deliver some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the country. Whether these projects are large or small, a standard or bespoke design, we strive to find the optimum solution to any engineering challenge.
Reporting into the Regional Sales Director, the role is a field based line management position focusing on growing our revenues across all product groups within the South region. This role is a combination of sales portfolio of your own customers plus line management of a team of three or more sales managers, each with a revenue target. You will be working with them to identify, develop, drive and support the revenue opportunities within a series of postcodes, whether it be from allocated existing, lapsed or brand new target customers to you or your team, for which you will determine.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across the whole business, the need is to maximise hire revenue through lead and appointment generation, the completion of design briefs, order closing and ownership of customer engagement initiatives, whether it be supporting a sales manager or delivering the opportunity yourself.
Collaborating with field engineers, national accounts colleagues or the sales desks in delivering excellent service is key to building lasting relationships with these customers.
Key aspects of delivering effectively in the role include:
- Regular visits to new, prospective and existing customers, independently or in collaboration with a Field Engineer and/or Sales colleague
- A self-generated drive and passion for identifying and winning new projects and schemes
- Supporting the development and engagement of national and regional key accounts
- Identifying large schemes and progressing the opportunities in collaboration with the BDM and engineering team (Large Bespoke or Total Solutions)
- A drive and passion for identifying, making and developing lasting multi-point relationships with key customer contacts and to network across the customer base in promoting Mabey Hire as a collaborative, agile supplier to that business
- Strong understanding on the features, benefits and differentiating elements of Mabey Hire products versus competitors and its applications to specific solutions which identify ‘share of wallet gain’ opportunity
- The ability to research, identify and evaluate customers’ plans so as to align Mabey Hire on strategic opportunities and to deliver a successful ‘why Mabey’ pitch
- The agility to work across multiple customers and sectors, with multiple contacts internally and externally, engaging Mabey Hire colleagues as frequent as necessary therein
- Straight talking communication across the team in delivering and completing successful lead generation to and from customers across all product groups in a timely, organised manner
- The ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop a team of Sales Managers successfully to deliver the revenue objectives, demonstrating expected behaviours throughout
We are looking for a minimum of five years’ experience specifically in the construction hire and/or sales market and a proven track record of selling a technical solution successfully with demonstrable growth and evidenced line management of field sales colleagues. Energy, drive, tenacity, strong engagement skills, a ‘will to win’ and alignment to our stated values and behaviours are also essential.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A strong communicator of strategic and specific detail of a customer, sector or scheme
- Broad knowledge of the sector, the product categories, competitors
- People focused with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience of line managing field sales colleagues is essential
- The ability to identify, progress, communicate and convert revenue opportunities
- Good organisation and recording skills for enquiry pipeline and CRM system management
- Strong presentation skills in creating & delivering a ‘pitch’ to customers
- Proactive, self-motivated and possess strong commercial acumen
- A good collaborator and communicator who ensures enquiries are ‘live’ and completed
- Alignment to the company values
- As this is a field-based role it is essential that you possess a full driving licence
- Strong skills in Microsoft, CRM and research packages
In return, we offer lots of great benefits including a market-leading pension, brilliant health and wellbeing schemes, and exciting opportunities to develop your skills and broaden your experience with some of the biggest names in our industry.
So, are you ready to make yours?