The thrill for you isn’t the chase; it’s taking the lead. Driving high standards. Motivating your team. Hitting and exceeding targets. Nothing beats growth and progression. At Mabey Hire, the floor is yours to fulfil your potential and take us forward.
This is a £1m turnover site packed with potential. Leading an established and experienced team, you’ll have the platform for applying your expertise in identifying and maximising business opportunities.
A proven manager, like you, knows what good looks like. Success isn’t judged by patter and price at Mabey Hire. Our reputation is built on reliability, reputation, and relationships. We’re UK-wide engineering and construction specialists due to our solutions, customer service, and additional support.
Building lasting relationships with customers, as well as in-house, is no easy feat, but that’s where you come in… The knack for spinning plates. The composure to multitask and organise. The flair for managing continuous change, all whilst motivating and supporting people.
• At least two years’ experience in a manager-level role
• Previous success driving revenue and hitting performance indicators and P&L targets
• Evidential influence on health and safety, identifying areas to improve
• The flair to lead, develop, and motivate employees
• Commercial awareness, ideally with a customer service background to boot
As our next General Manager, you’ll collaborate with sales and engineers to drive both a high-performance and health and safety-focused culture, building on previous success in both these areas.
You’ll have the chance to embrace a challenge and reap rewards. We pride ourselves on team spirit, as well as great service, and there’s great camaraderie between our general managers nationwide.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you’ll be working Monday to Friday with 8am-to-5pm core working hours. The busy depot comprises yard operatives, HGV drivers, and field sales staff and more. Once per week or so, you’ll need to travel for training and/or meetings.
• Performance-related bonus (up to 15%), based on depot and regional budget targets
• Market-leading pension, health plan, private healthcare, employee support
• Working for a UK-wide engineering and construction specialist
• Stable, permanent employment within an established, multi-site business
• Full Christmas shutdown; enjoy quality, festive family time between Xmas and New Year
• 25 days’ annual leave – inclusive of the three-day festive shutdown – plus bank holidays
Apply now… and keep an eye out for a follow-up email from Recart, exclusive recruiters for this opportunity at Mabey Hire. Please check your junk email folder, if necessary.