A first and last port of call for customers, the hire desk at Mabey Hire is at the heart of customer interaction and experience.
It’s a foundation for all depot operations. It’s juggling telephone calls with arranging hires and booking in equipment. It’s inbound calls and outbound warm calls, plus some cold calls.
This is a job with pace, variety, and purpose. Positivity and clarity on the phone are key. You need to talk to customers and engage, not just listen.
We’re looking for that customer service spark and a flair for professional, effective communication. You don’t necessarily need to have worked on a hire desk before.
Because it’s the quality of our people – not just our kit – that sets us apart and keeps our customers happy. You’ll fit right in if you’re punctual, purposeful, and good to talk to.
At Mabey Hire, hire desk sales aren’t just about the price tag. Our success is driven by relationships. We’re UK-wide engineering and construction specialists due to our solutions, reliability, and integrity.
Joining a committed team in an open-plan office, you’ll be part of an inclusive working environment with a family feel. Everyone knows each other’s names and supports each other.
This is no soulless, sink-or-swim job role. You’ll receive nine to 11 months’ training. You’ll be working with people who enjoy what they do and value their role in providing quality, safe equipment that helps to protect people’s lives and keep businesses moving.
It’s busy, multitasking work that’s perfect for passionate professionals who hate twiddling their thumbs. You’ll be handling inbound calls to book in hires, as well as performing outbound calls to existing customers and for potential new business.
• Comprehensive training and a monthly bonus based on depot profits
• Market-leading pension, health plan, private healthcare, employee support
• Working for a UK-wide engineering and construction specialist
• Stable, permanent employment within an established, multi-site business
• Full Christmas shutdown; enjoy quality, festive family time between Xmas and New Year
• 25 days’ annual leave – inclusive of the three-day festive shutdown – plus bank holidays
• Monday-to-Friday work; no evening or weekend work
• Being part of a stable, long-serving team with a family-like environment and spirit
Apply now… and keep an eye out for a follow-up email from Recart, exclusive recruiters for this opportunity at Mabey Hire. Please check your junk email folder, if necessary.