As a Hire Desk Manager, you’re the eyes and ears of business growth. Confident and assured when liaising with customers. Composed, decisive, and trustworthy when it comes to team leadership.
Mabey Hire isn’t an industry leader based on patter and price. Our success is driven by relationships. We’re UK-wide engineering and construction specialists due to our solutions, reliability, and integrity.
Sales interactions via the hire desk are the first and last port of call for our customers. This is a job with pace, variety, and purpose. The hire desk is the foundation for all our depot’s operations.
As the General Manager’s number two, you’ll apply that insight and intuition for the bigger picture, improving our methods and systems whilst being an approachable leader with info and ideas.
• At least three years of hire desk experience – in a sales, service, and/or managerial capacity
• Demonstrable commercial awareness, bringing a new idea or approach to fruition
• A flair for motivating and getting the best out of people, with clear and decisive leadership
Overseeing two hire desk controllers and two HGV drivers, you’ll have full autonomy on our processes, finding efficiency improvements and new ways of working.
Micromanagement isn’t our thing. Our people muck in and pull together. It’s the quality of our people – not just our kit – that sets us apart and keeps our customers happy.
Your next career step is key to driving sales and revenue and taking us up to budget and where we want to be – as a clear industry leader. There’s a lot to go at, with plenty to get your teeth into. It’s the ideal career step for someone energetic and growth orientated.
• Monthly, performance-related bonus of up to 7.5%
• Market-leading pension, health plan, private healthcare, employee support
• Working for a UK-wide, multi-site engineering and construction specialist
• Ambitious growth plans, based on established grounding as a sector leader
• Full Christmas shutdown; enjoy quality, festive family time between Xmas and New Year
• 25 days’ annual leave – inclusive of the three-day festive shutdown – plus bank holidays
• Being part of a stable, long-serving team with a family-like environment and spirit
Apply now… and keep an eye out for a follow-up email from Recart, exclusive recruiters for this opportunity at Mabey Hire. Please check your junk email folder, if necessary.