Leading the Propping & Jacking market for over 60 years
Whether it’s a light propping job, a bridge lift, a façade retention or anything inbetween,
our 60 years unrivalled experience enables us to value engineer the right solution for our customers.
- A wide and versatile range – our 10 different propping systems ensure we can deliver the right solution, every time.
- Supporting low to extremely high capacities – our propping systems can support anything from 35kN to 8000kN.
- A solution for every application – our propping systems are ideal for vertical propping, formwork and falsework, right through to façade retention and bridge support.
- A total solution capability – no other UK temporary works provider can offer the complete in-house solution - the design, supply and installation of propping, jacking and structural monitoring.
- UK’s largest fleet of jacks – we hold stock of the widest range from low height jacks to screwed ram jacks, offering capacities of 80kN to 5000kN.
- Committed to quality and safety – every jack is fully tested and issued with a calibration certificate prior to every hire.
- Structural Monitoring – the only propping supplier to combine structural engineering excellence with our expert monitoring team, giving our customers the complete solution.
For further information on our propping and jacking systems available for hire, please click on the links below or contact us to discuss your project.Back to top
Take a look at how our propping solution ensured a rapid re-opening
of the M6 following a bridge strike:
“From working through a near unsolvable engineering problem with our Technical Services team, to de-mobbing the site in record time and giving us the programme confidence to complete the site before the Christmas break, Mabey Hire contributed all they could to the success of the project.”
Lee Long, Site Agent, Interserve
“The Mersey Gateway Project signifies a major step forward in the regeneration of the North West. Mabey Hire’s role in this project helped us overcome a number of challenges, such as determining access arrangements and the specific method we would use to install the pre-cast concrete beams and avoid over-stressing the temporary propping system.”
Jim Rice, Senior Operations Manager, Merseylink.